With the P&L (Profit & Loss) feature you can monitor the performance of your crypto wallets and manage your cryptos with awareness. You can see at a glance which cryptocurrency is generating you the most profit and which is causing you a significant loss.
You can view directly on your Homepage the profits and losses you are having on -
- your Total Balance (the total of all your crypto Wallets, expressed in Euros)
- each of your individual crypto Wallets (both the Spot Wallet and Moneybox)
You can view the performance expressed as a percentage or in Euros.
How the P&L is calculated
The profits and losses of an individual cryptocurrency are calculated on:
- the current market value of that crypto Wallet
- the average price you spent to get what you currently have in that crypto Wallet
The percentage P&L is obtained by subtracting the average price from the current market value of your Wallet and dividing the result by the average price: Wallet value - average price / average price = P&L %
In total, I have 0.5 ETH that I have obtained through multiple purchases, spending an average of €1000.
At the current market price, my ETH is worth €1080.
My P&L over the period is +€80 expressed in Euros or +8% as a percentage (derived as follows: 1080 - 1000/1000 = 0.08)
Average purchase price
The average purchase price is simply the average of the prices at which you bought a specific cryptocurrency over time. Monitoring the average price can be quite useful, especially if you have set up a recurring purchase of a specific cryptocurrency.
Here is where you can view the composition of your Wallets.
You can view in detail -
- the distribution of a specific cryptocurrency’s balance between its Spot Wallet and Money Box
- the distribution of all your crypto Wallets
- the distribution of your total balance between Euros and Cryptocurrencies
You can choose to view the distribution as a percentage or in Euros.
The P&L feature is only available on Young Platform, web and app.
If you also use Young Platform Pro and have a balance on the same crypto wallets available on Young Platform, your Pro wallets will also be considered in the P&L calculations.
Limit orders on Young Platform Pro only affect the charts at the time of execution.