If the step count is frozen at 0, or if you reopen the app and the steps are reset,
there might be a problem with Google's permissions.
How to proceed:
- Install GoogleFit.
- Open GoogleFit.
- Tap the Profile section on the bottom right.
- Tap the Settings wheel on the top right.
- Under "Google Fit data" select "Manage connected apps".
- Make sure you selected the email you log in to Stepdrop with.
- Tap "Disconnect" twice.
- Close GoogleFit.
- Open Stepdrop. If Stepdrop is still open, close it, then start it again.
- Log in and select the Google account you use for Stepdrop.
- You will be then asked to confirm to GoogleFit the permission to synchronize your data.
If this window doesn't appear, restart the app.
- Scroll down and tap "Allow".
- If an error message appears, tap it and confirm again.
- If at any point, Stepdrop freezes, delete its data and cache from the Settings.
Go to your phone Settings > "Apps & Notifications" > "Apps" > Stepdrop > "Memory" > tap the "Delete Data" and "Delete Cache" buttons